The love of country music runs in my blood. When a song talks about back roads, break ups, sweet tea and Friday nights, it immediately tugs on my heart strings and opens the memory vault. In some strange way, this pandemic has removed a lot of the hustle and busyness that once occupied my time and has transplanted me back to a scene reminiscent of those homegrown roots. Quiet. Still. Intentional. Present.
While the current state of our world has changed, one therapy remains constant: music. And specifically for me, country music. If you’re looking for a soundtrack for your back deck Sunday dinner or push mower work out, below is a sampling of some recent releases I’ve added to my favorites.
1. “More Than My Hometown” by Morgan Wallen
2. “Polaroid” by Keith Urban
3. “Both” by Ingrid Andress
4. “Knowing You” by Kenny Chesney
5. “Breaking Up Was Easy in the 90s” by Sam Hunt
6. “Details” by Billy Currington
7. “Messy” by Chase Rice
8. “Next to You” by Little Big Town
9. “Done” by Chris Janson
10. “Homemade” by Jake Owen